Just some of the ways we’re supporting improvement and innovation in the Sector.
Better Security, Better Care is a national and local support programme to help adult social care providers to store and share information safely. It covers paper and digital records.
As a care provider, the programme will help you to evaluate and improve your data and cyber security. This means you can reassure the people you support and their families, your staff, commissioners, regulators, and health and care partners, that you are following good practice – and meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
You do not have to be data or digital expert to get support. The programme can support you – wherever you are on your data security journey.
The main focus of the Better Security, Better Care programme is to help you to understand the importance of data and cyber security, and complete an annual, online self-assessment using the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
The programme includes:
- national support for all CQC registered and unregistered providers including:
- local support to small and medium-sized care providers
- support to large care provider groups
- coordination with other programmes.
Digital Social Care is a partnership project between the Care Provider Alliance and Skills for Care, funded by NHS Digital and NHSX. We host a dedicated space to support adult social care providers in England with technology and information sharing.
We believe that digital innovation gives us the opportunity to:
- Improve the quality of care
- Be transparent and accountable
- Support individuals to remain independent for longer
- Improve the quality and efficiency of information sharing between health and social care.
We produce free guidance and materials to support care providers with technology. This includes:
- Guidance on the Data Security and Protection Toolkit
- Guidance on NHSmail and secure email
- Cyber Security Guidance (with NHS Digital and NCSC)
- A digital readiness toolkit – in partnership with Skills for Care – to support providers in developing their digital strategies
- Case studies on current digital innovation
- Guidance on the safe use of mobile phones
- Guidance on choosing care planning software
We also answer questions on anything to do with adult social care technology and data protection.
Care providers can contact us for free support on 0208 133 3430 (Mon-Fri 9-5) or email email@example.com.